This blog was originally started to better help me understand the technologies in the CCIE R&S blueprint; after completing the R&S track I have decided to transition the blog into a technology blog.

CCIE #29033

This blog will continue to include questions, troubleshooting scenarios, and references to existing and new technologies but will grow to include a variety of different platforms and technologies. Currently I have created over 185 questions/answers in regards to the CCIE R&S track!! Note: answers are in the comment field or within "Read More" section.

You can also follow me on twitter @FE80CC1E


Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Question 112

What command would you use to restrict outbound traffic to 64kbps (normal and maximum limits) on a 1.544Mbps link? All traffic that falls outside of these parameters must be dropped. Only 1 command allowed.

1 comments:

Packets Analyzed said...

I sure I had something in mind when writing this question a few months ago but I cannot remember. So I guess I will tackle it like every one else. The key thing in this question is that only 1 command is allowed and therefore this eliminates GTS, FRTS, and MQC which all require more than one command to configure. This leaves us/me with CAR (rate limiting).

#interface serial 0/0/0
#rate-limit output 64000 12000 24000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop

Math

normal burst = configured rate * (1 byte)/(8 bits) * 1.5 seconds
extended burst = 2 * normal burst

Post a Comment