This blog was originally started to better help me understand the technologies in the CCIE R&S blueprint; after completing the R&S track I have decided to transition the blog into a technology blog.

CCIE #29033

This blog will continue to include questions, troubleshooting scenarios, and references to existing and new technologies but will grow to include a variety of different platforms and technologies. Currently I have created over 185 questions/answers in regards to the CCIE R&S track!! Note: answers are in the comment field or within "Read More" section.

You can also follow me on twitter @FE80CC1E


Thursday, July 21, 2011

NNI

Recently I was asked to explain what an NNI was and I thought that this would make for a great topic for my blog

NNI - Network Network Interface. I will be explaining NNI in a GMPLS (Global MPLS) scenario.

The EMEA MPLS Provider is offering services but the Asia locations have to pay for expensive connectivity options over long distances. This increases latency and costs even when the Asia customers want to communicate with other Asia customers such as Hong Kong and Singapore.

The EMEA MPLS Provider partners with a Third Party MPLS Provider which provides a local MPLS network and has local presence in each center reducing the overall costs. This provides low latency connectivity options within the region. The EMEA MPLS Provider and the Third Party MPLS Provider create an NNI connection with each other and form a GMPLS network.
 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

good explanation. thanks

Post a Comment